Technical Sales Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious and enthusiastic engineers to join an award winning and industry leading organisation.
Hutchinson Stop-choc is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of anti-vibration and shock isolation mountings, avionics racking and illuminated aircraft cockpit instrument & display systems. We supply to a wide range of industrial, aerospace and defence clients across the globe.
This is a role with a focus on business development in a variety of interesting areas including the aerospace, defence and naval markets. Based from our office in Slough, the successful candidate will spend time visiting and developing business with key clients and new prospects, providing technical and commercial solutions to meet their requirements.
- Develop an understanding of the programmes, markets, customers and competitors.
- To build strong relationships with technical and commercial contacts throughout the client base.
- To identify and develop new markets, clients and business opportunities.
- Establish client technical and commercial requirements and aid clients to develop specifications where required.
- In conjunction with the internal team carry out product selection and where needed provide supporting analysis from our in house analysis tools.
- Work with the internal support team to prepare technical and commercial proposals and present these to the clients.
- Take an active role in new product design and development working closely with our engineering and technical departments.
- Preparation of reports, budgets and marketing information for sales and management purposes.
- Qualified and capable mechanical engineer
- High calibre confident individual with good people skills
- Energetic and driven person
Beneficial but not essential:
- Graduate qualified mechanical engineer
- Technical sales & business development experience
- Knowledge of the aerospace, defence and naval markets
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Training and development
- 25 days annual holiday
- Company car
- An excellent pension scheme
If you fit the above criteria and are enthusiastic about a career in a business development environment whilst maintaining a high degree of technical responsibility, please apply in writing stating your current salary to:
The Sales Director, Stop-choc Ltd, Banbury Avenue, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4LR